Best Six for 2004
MY BEST SIX FOR 2004
Dear Fellow Corkscrew Addict:
Enclosed is the photograph of my Best Six for 2004; all of the corkscrews are marked:
- My King's rack & pinion, with a ciphered wire helix, is marked: "Jubilee 1898".
- This 'crab', with a ciphered fluted wire helix, is marked: "Rbt Jones & Sons Makers".
- The Hootch Owl, with a bladed solid-cut worm is marked…on both sides ... "Hootch-Owl". On one side the pivoting handle axles are screw-faced, suggesting closed eyes; while on the other side the tips of the axles are rivet-like, suggesting open eyes.
- This 'waiter', with a solid-cut worm, is lavishly marked: "Carlo's Pat N.Y. Double Lever Cork & Metal Cap Extractor – Knife & Wire Clipper".
- This bird, with a fluted wire helix, is marked: "The Old Crow Distillery – Frankfort, Kentucky".
- The non-screw Ah-So is marked: "MAGIC – Cork Extractor- Pat March 4 -79 May 10 -92".
This Best Six, along with all of my earlier ones ... dating from 1978 ... can be seen at my corkscrew web site: http://www.corkscrew-balloon.com/cork/index.html.
PS: We hope to see you in Stockholm; but much depends upon the timing of our US Immigration interview…Watcharee's 'Green Card' is our first priority this year.
PPS: The paper version has an egregious spelling mistake. Can you spot it?